Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pretentiousness

I live in D.C. Actually, I live on Fort Belvoir, which is located in Fairfax County, which is located in Northern Virginia, which is part of the larger forsaken region know as the National Capital Region (NCR). The NCR consists of D.C., Northern Virginia and parts of Maryland. The entire area is teeming with congressmen, dignitaries, and politician. Worse yet corporations, contractors, and lobbyists vie for the notice of the before mentioned groups. Everyone in D.C. seems to think they are important... Some are, MOST are not! However, everyone in this most sinister of cities has to keep up the act, not letting on for one second that they are not as important or as well-to-do as they would have the entire world to believe.

Quick Factoid: The average unsecured debt in the National Capital Region... $250,000. It's expensive keeping up with the Jones' in the NCR.

The point of this blog, however, is not to rant and rave about the nature and actions of the misled people in the NCR. In fact, the point I'm trying to make is after two years in this most pretentious of places I can say with some confidence that... I know pretentiousness! I am simply establishing my authority as an expert observer of the snobbish, pretentious and grandiloquent.

With that being established, I would like to point your attention to the piece of chrome-plated pretentious crap displayed in the picture. This is the new "companion" to the American Express Gold Card. As if flashing your AMEX Gold Card around during business lunches and/or dates was bad enough, now you can throw around this little nugget. It’s a Chrome carrying case for an AMEX Gold card!!!!!

Lets stop for a second… First, if you have one of these nuggets and you’re reading this blog, STOP. Stop reading my blog. I’m not even going to tell you why, just stop reading now!!! If this is your first time viewing the “Butterfly” and you think this craptastic gizmo is cool you also must stop reading and immediately report to my house so I can knock some sense into you!!!!

If I was a waiter and some pretentious turd tossed this contraption in the payment tray I would feel obligated to shove this phallic icon where the sun don’t shine! He/she was asking for it!!!

Sparky

To get a closer look at what all the lemmings, which have more money (or is that debt) then sense will be carrying this fall check out this Site.

No comments: